Lifeboat Church – Introduction
This Sunday our annual 'Vision Series' kicks off. This year the theme is: LIFEBOAT CHURCH.
It will be made up of six studies from various passage in the Bible. It will pick up six themes including making, maturing and mobilising. The aim is to help us to be clear and so focused on what is our purpose as a church and how do make this happen.
1. Revelation 7:9-14 Oct 13 Lifeboat Living
2. Matthew 28:18-20 Oct 20 Making Disciples
3. 1 Peter 4:7-11 Oct 27 Welcoming Strangers
4. Ephesians 1:15-18 Nov 3 Maturing Disciples
5. 1 Corinthians 12:1-31 Nov 10 Mobilising Disciples
6. Luke 9:22-26 Nov 17 Lifeboat Commitment
Reading a book in sync with a sermon series is a great habit – it helps you come to grips with the passages or the ideas of the series, and because you only have to read a chapter or two a week over 2 months it’s a great way to get through a good book. Here are some great books you could think about reading during this series:
The Trellis and the Vine, Col Marshall and Tony Payne
Stop Dating the Church, Joshua Harris
Center Church, Timothy Keller
Everyday Church, Tim Chester and Steve Timmis
The Living Church, John Stott