The Betrayal (v1-6),
The Preparations (v7-13),
The Meal (v15-20).
When we eat and drink:
- we are taking part in the New Covenant;
- we are being reminded of what Jesus' death means;
- we are looking forwards to the day when we will eat the real banquet that this one is a shadow of;
- we do so together as a real community;
- we are expressing and experiencing our communion with Jesus;
- we are blessed;
- we are celebrating grace, not earning favour;
- and we do so with hope in the middle of a broken world.