This week it was good to pause to review the year so far as we come to the end of the first half of the year. Our mission at Lakeshore is to ‘make, mature and mobilise disciples of Christ for His glory.’ This gives us three purposes to shape church life and to use to review church.
Here’s what Jesus has been doing:
- 3 people have done Simply Christianity.
- 80 people attended our Parenting Seminar with over half of these from our community.
The main outcome of our ‘making’ purpose is people becoming Christians and we haven’t seen anyone become a Christian so far this year. If one of our purposes is ‘making’ and so see people become disciples then we have some work to do. We need to be praying; improving what we are doing towards that end and working on new ways to see people become Christians.
- Newcomers. The Life@Lakeshore Course has run 5 times. 17 new people have done the Life@Lakeshore course. Most of these people are now in Growth Groups and many of them are serving in some capacity in the life and activities of church life.
- There are 10 Growth Groups
- a new seniors Growth Group as started
- 95 people are in Growth Groups
- Over 30 people are meeting one on one
- 24 people signed up for the Gotherefor subscription
- There has been an increase in the number of people serving in the life and activities of church life.
- There are people loving and serving each other through Growth Groups in everyday life together especially through times of need
- There has been 2 Growth Group Leaders training meetings
- There has been 2 Kids Alive Leaders meetings
- There has been a ‘Welcomers’ training session