Lakeshore Church has currently suspended our Sunday services in response to government health guidelines during the ongoing COVID-19 public health situation. Each Sunday at 9am, we are broadcasting a livestream with church updates, prayer, and our weekly sermon. You can find this livestream here on our public Facebook page. You can watch this livestream (live or later) even if you do not have a Facebook account.
You can find more information about each week’s livestream here on our website, including links, songs and kids resources.
A good place to check regularly for government guidance on public health during the coronavirus is www.health.gov.au.
A great source for lots of helpful and encouraging Christian perspectives on Coronavirus (COVID-19) is this page by the Gospel Coalition Australia, or another by The Gospel Coalition USA, both updated regularly.
Thursday, May 14 – RESTRICTIONS UPDATE
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 1:7)! I’m praying that you are seeing God’s hand at work in and through you as we navigate this time together.
Last week the government released some encouraging news outlining a possible timeline for easing the current public health restrictions. (You can find the whole government document here if you want to read the fine print). Here is what it means for church:
- Stage 1 (starting tomorrow): Some growth groups will be able to meet in person again, and 10 people can gather at church.
- Stage 2: Growth groups and youth group will be able to meet freely, and 20 people will be able to gather at church.
- Stage 3: We will be able to start physically meeting together again on Sundays!
I am very thankful that there is some light at the end of the tunnel! Of course, the timetable depends on whether the virus stays under control, and all meetings will still need to follow physical distancing, hygiene and cleaning requirements, which will take some planning.
This also means that a small number of people can come along to church on Sunday mornings to be present for our livestream. If you are interested in being at church during our livestream on a Sunday morning, please get in touch with me, since we can only have 10 people present at once.
Thanks everyone. Give me a call, text or email anytime. See you online this Sunday!
“Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.” (1 Corinthians 16:13-14)
Thursday, March 27 – FINANCES UPDATE
Quite a few people have been asking how they can continue to give to the ministry of Lakeshore while we are in this online time. As Bill mentioned yesterday Anthony, Bill & I have been considering some different options that might work best for those that normally give in cash. Here are a couple of different ways:
1. Direct bank transfer. Giving online by direct bank transfer is the preferred way to give. If you are new to church or considering changing from giving in cash to online giving, now is the perfect time to setup a regular direct transfer to Lakeshore’s bank account.
If anyone needs a hand with their banking software to enable this to be setup, please don’t hesitate to let me know & I’d be happy to show you how to do it.
The bank account details for Lakeshore are as follows:
BSB 124 001
Acc 2015 1596
Name Lakeshore Community Church of Christ
When you make a transfer please include in the description which service you attend.
2. Cheques. Another option for giving to church is sending a cheque to the church in the mail which we would then bank. Lakeshore’s postal address is 1 Lakeshore Ave, North Buderim, 4556.
3. Finally for those who can’t give online or in cheque, if you could please hold onto your cash giving until church resumes & we can look to collect it then & bank it.
We are thankful to God that he continues to provide all that we need & so much more in sickness & in health & everywhere in between!
If you have any questions on any of this please let me know.
2 Corinthians 9:7
“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
Wednesday, March 25 – CHURCH UPDATE
G’day everyone, Here are a few updates on church life:
– SUNDAY 9AM LIVESTREAM: This worked really well Sunday! Please make an effort to join in live on Sunday morning at 9am each week. “Gathering” together as a church will still be one of the most important things we do each week during this crisis.
– GROWTH GROUPS: Based on the latest government health restrictions, we will need to stop meeting physically in our growth groups. Each group will continue to connect – check in with your growth group leader. One great option is going to be meeting via online video (e.g. Zoom) — if you are confident in making this work, let your growth group leader know.
– If you are not in a growth group, now is a great time to join one. With some groups meeting online via video, maybe you can join a group when you couldn’t before? Please get in touch with me if you would like to.
– FINANCIAL GIVING: Anthony and Tristan have been working on some options for those who usually give via the physical offering on Sunday, which will be communicated this week.
– FACEBOOK: The church facebook group is one great way to connect during this time. Feel free to post prayer points or updates, comment on posts to let people know how you’re going, and so on. If it would be helpful for you, you can change the notifications settings at the top of the group to be notified whenever anything is posted in the group.
“The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.” (Romans 6:20)
Friday, March 20 - CHURCH UPDATE
The elders met last night to discuss our response to the ongoing coronavirus situation. It was great to pray and plan together. This extraordinary situation is reminding us that God is our shepherd (Isaiah 40:11) who promises that nothing will separate us from the love of Christ (Romans 8:37). Our mission as a church is still “Living for Jesus, by making, maturing and mobilising disciples of Jesus for his glory”, and we are eager to see how he will be at work in and through our church over these next weeks and months.
We have decided, in response to the government’s public health guidelines, to close our Sunday services immediately.
Beginning this Sunday morning at 9am, we will have a live online broadcast from the church with updates, prayer and the next sermon in our Romans series (Romans 7:13-25). This will be available on the public Lakeshore Church facebook page (different to this private group). You can find it by clicking on this address: https://www.facebook.com/LakeshoreChurchSunshineCoast/ You can watch this video by clicking on this link even if you do not have a facebook account. You could consider gathering with a few others from church to watch together. Kathy will email parents with some kids activities for use during the video.
At this stage, we would encourage growth groups to continue to meet next week, if the group is happy to do so. I have been in touch with growth group leaders regarding health precautions each group should take. Our growth group relationships will be even more important at this time. If you are not in a growth group and would like to connect with one, please let me know.
There will be many other things to consider over the next few weeks and months, so please keep an eye out for further messages. Do not hesitate to contact myself, Bruce or one of the elders if you have any questions! Let’s keep trusting Jesus, reaching out to each other, and looking for opportunities to promote the gospel with those around us.
Grace be with you all (2 Tim 4:22),
Wednesday, March 18 – CHURCH UPDATE
The elders will be meeting tomorrow night (Thursday) to make plans for the next couple of weeks and months. Things are changing quite quickly, so we’ve planned our meeting for later in the week in order to have up to date information. Keep a look out for an update on Friday regarding church this Sunday, growth groups, etc. Please pray for us as we meet!
It’s been great to hear from lots of people this week checking in. Please keep in touch with each other, and don’t hesitate to give me a call or message any time.
Someone from church encouraged me with this text earlier today:
“I’m reminded as I’ve been reading through the Old Testament, in Psalms and through the New Testament; amid the chaos, confusion and ever changing nature of the world one thing remains constant…. God is good, His love and care for His people is unchanging. Our hope lies not in ourselves but in our precious Lord and Saviour King!”
Friday March 13 – A Lakeshore Church coronavirus update:
To help us love each other and love our neighbours during the ongoing coronavirus situation, we will be taking extra precautions at church this Sunday:
– If you are sick, please stay home from church this Sunday, and send a message to Bill, Bruce or another church leader to let us know how you are going.
– We will have hand sanitiser available at the door.
– As we greet each other, please avoid shaking hands or hugging at church over the next few weeks.
Let’s keep trusting God during this uncertain time, remembering that Jesus has entered our fallen world with the good news of the gospel, and making an extra effort to be in touch with each other and care for people around us.
Bill & the elders